Hello and Welcome to BC,Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4.
1. Install Spybot. Be sure to UNCHECK TeaTimer
when presented with the option to install.
2. Run Spybot, go to the Menu Bar at the top choose Mode and make certain that "Default mode
" has a check mark beside it.
3. Click the button "Search for Updates
4. If any updates are found, install them by placing a checkmark next to each one and clicking "Download Updates
". If you encounter any error messages while downloading the updates, manually download them from here
5. Click on "Immunize
". When it detects what has or has not been blocked, block all remaining items by clicking the green plus sign
next to immunize at the top.
6. Click the button "Check for Problems
7. When Spybot is complete, it will be showing RED
entries, bold BLACK
entries and GREEN
entries in the window.
8. Make certain there is a check mark beside all
of the RED
9. Choose "Fix Selected Problems
" and allow Spybot to fix the RED
10. REBOOT to complete the scan and clear memory. Note: After Windows loads, Spybot may run again to clean some files that it could not clean during the prior session. Follow the same procedure.
Please download Ad-Aware SE Personal
and install it. If you already have Ad-Aware SE, please configure it as indicated below. If you have a previous version of Ad-Aware, please uninstall your current version and install the newest version SE 1.06.
1) Run Ad-Aware, and click Check for updates now
2) Select Configurations (click the Gear wheel at the top) as follows:
- General Button > Safety & Settings: Check (Green) all three.
- Tweak Button > Cleaning Engine > UNcheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".
3) To start the scan, Click > "Scan Now" at left
- Deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat.
- Select "Search for low-risk threats"
- Select "Perform full system scan"
- Click Next
4) When the scan has completed, select Next.
- In the Scanning Results window, select the "Critical Objects" tab.
- Right-click on the screen and choose "Select all objects"
- In the "Scan Summary" tab, check the box next to each additional "target family" you wish to remove.
- Click Next to remove the objects selected, and click OK to the prompt.
- Restart the computer.
Post a HijackThis log when done.