I have a Adata C008/32GB Pen Drive It is Only 5 Months Old and it is failing already. The problem I have is when I insert it into my computer it
continually disconnects and reconnects in my computer and there is important data on it that is not yet backed up I have connected the device within a bootable environment using knoppix 6.5 Live CD and the pen drive stays connected but when you try and mount the pen drive it comes up with the following error;
Error <I> org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume.unknownfailure /I<
What I have done So far;
- Tested the USB Ports / and used known good ones in the same port with no issue
- Made sure the problems moves with the pen drive
- Uninstalled and reinstalled pen drive drivers
- Run windows trouble-shooter said it found a problem in the system and had fixed the problem
- Enabled it and disabled it in device manager still no joy
What can I now do to get back the data?
What steps can I take that I have not yet done?
What is likely to have gone on the pen drive the memory chip or controller card?
Any suggestion on what I can try just to get the data back is much appreciated.