Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dumb Carpenter

Dumb Carpenter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hey everyone/anyone.....fairly PC stupid individual here.

Having major issues and most things I've read have led me to this forum, lots of positive feedback for your members here.

I plan on looking around and reading before starting with questions you have all answered before I'm sure.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerTechGuy

ComputerTechGuy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Welcome to Bleeping computers you will learn a lot, post up your issue and I will try and help you.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

#3 Dumb Carpenter

Dumb Carpenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Welcome to Bleeping computers you will learn a lot, post up your issue and I will try and help you.

Kind Regards

ComputerTechGuy

Thanks for your response.

I went right to the virus removal section and within two pages had the answer I was looking for.

Was dealing with this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/smart-security-removal-guide

Had Ad-Aware on the PC and ran it twice today, second scan found a few things and as soon as I clicked remove the fake anti spyware started to pop up.

I followed the instructions from that link and it was over with in five minutes, I've also uninstalled Ad-Aware.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

I've also uninstalled Ad-Aware.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

Post your question here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/25/antivirus-firewall-and-privacy-products-and-protection-methods/

Odds are there will be more suggestions if posted there than there will be here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users