Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacked Home Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jackcornuto

jackcornuto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

Hi guys

PLEASE can someone help me as its driving me mad! I've tried a few things but cannot sort it out. My homepage has been hijacked by securityfeature.com. Im sure you're all aware of this one! Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this? I realise its something to do with registry keys so if anyone could give me an idiots guide to where I should loo and what to do...n i c e and s l o w...id be very grateful! Thanks, Jack

ps - I dont fancy downloading anything I have to pay for! ta

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

Welcome jackcornuto :thumbsup:

Please follow the instructions in this link, then post your HijackThis! log in the correct forum (included in the instructions).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users