Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Email Changed ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi -

Has anyone else noticed a change to accessing their Yahoo email account page ?

As of today, I have needed to go via Yahoo home page and click on Email at the top. I have had the account for several years, and the password has been changed a few times (by me) just to keep up security.

I am still trying through the same link (desktop icon) , as well as a link in Favorites, but both now send me to a "dead email link" that then sends me to Yahoo Home Page.

AdwCleaner, MBAM, MSE, etc all show nothing that would do this, and I have no Yahoo toolbar -

Could this be a promotion for the toolbar ??

Any Ideas - Thanks -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hi noknojon,

I use att.net mail powered by Yahoo and did receive an email with regards to some forthcoming changes. However they were not to be effective until after June 10.

Don't know if this would affect your email but thought I'd mention it.

Regards.............. sik

#3 noknojon

noknojon
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi -

I just took a New Favorites link off the email on Yahoo page, and from this I was able to add a new desktop icon.

As it is the new one I labeled it as Yahoo Mail New in Favorites and on the desktop.

Often I do get "fake" Yahoo emails and delete them as Spam, but there is a chance that one was "real" -

Thanks sik -

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

You are most welcome :)

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Had the same problem the other day noknojon.

Like you, I went to the Yahoo home page and clicked on Email at the top of the page. When I landed on the login page, I created a new bookmark replacing my old one(of many years). No problems since then.

I've noticed of late though, that another page flashes by quickly before the email page is displayed. It's says something about problems with the new mail, but that is all I can catch before the page disappears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users