Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video card driver not recognized.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I have been trying to fix  my computer Display driver. I am using a Nvidia 520/560 video card. Recently, just visited Nvidia site and downloaded their latest updates of the driver for Nvidia 520/560. However, once it has been installed, my computer seems to load okay but when I try to start using it, it just froze and I cannot proceed but to restart it again and again ending up uninstalling the driver. I was able to see the properties though of my desktop and it reads Nvidia 7000 / 7200 GS. I don't know why it says that thoug I was able to download for sure the correct version and model of the video card that I have. I tried my cd installer of my mother board that includes the driver of my video card. It does load but that's it. It does nothing and my computer only uses the Plug and Play by default of my computer.

Please help....

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2013 - 08:31 PM.
Merged topics/posts - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 corneto_20

corneto_20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Please, please, please, I need help guyz...

It seems that no one cares about this post and share their knowledge. I really need an answer about this issue.  By the way, everytime I downloaded the Nvidia driver for Nvidia Nforce series 520/560 32 bit, the system shows it downloaded the  Nvidia 7300 SE / 7200 GS driver. Once it is installed, my monitor froze and I cannot do anything but to uninstall the driver. Is my video card damaged now? or Should I replace it with a new one.. Computer uses the default plug and play driver of the system and not the video card...

Hope to receive a reply....

#3 corneto_20

corneto_20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hi Guyz,

Please, please, please help me. This is just a follow up to my previous post because I believe no one give an answer to it. I really need an answer about this issue.  Everytime I  downloaded the Nvidia driver for Nvidia Nforce series 520/560 32 bit, the system shows it downloaded the  Nvidia 7300 SE / 7200 GS driver. Once it is installed, my monitor froze and I cannot do anything but to uninstall the driver. Is my video card damaged now? or Should I replace it with a new one..? Computer uses the default plug and play driver of the system and not the video card...

Thank you. Hoping for a reply...

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#4 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

No the problem is newer drivers don't always work with older cards. Try going back to an older driver, not sure which one will work with that card, but that is a common problem. There is a guy in Austria who goes by the name "Don Pedro" at the K6Plus forum. He is an expert on what drivers will work with what cards as far as "NVidia" is concerned. I will do a post there requesting instructions from Don Pedro as to how to download the correct driver for your card.

You may go to this link to follow Don Pedro's replies.

http://www.k6plus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2320

Edited by JHMcG, 08 June 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#5 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I just checked online for a driver myself. Did you try this link ? 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_520_winxp2k_12.15

It says that the driver you download is from 2007 which might work, though when Don Pedro answers he will say which driver is best for your card.

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi Corneto,

You have me a bit confused here. According to the nVidia web-site, the 520/560 series are motherboards, not video cards. Is this where you are trying to get your drivers from ?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_520_winxp2k_12.15

If you are, this is the motherboard web page and not the drivers for your video card. If you are not sure exactly what video card you have, I suggest you download 'Speccy' from here :

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

and run it. It will tell you exactly what components you have installed on your computer, including the video card, and you can search for the correct drivers once you have that information.  I would be surprised if you have done any damage to your video card, but having possibly irrelevant motherboard drivers would certainly explain why your monitor froze !

I almost forgot - Are you running XP with Service Pack 3 ?  If you aren't, I strongly advise you update to SP3 as soon as.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Don Pedro has responded to your problem. You may see his answer, and my response to it HERE :

http://www.k6plus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2320&p=17892#p17892

Edited by hamluis, 09 June 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#8 corneto_20

corneto_20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi Guyz,

Thanks for all the help. I am trying all your suggestions now and will give you all the results. I am still currently at work and will do exactly what you all asked later when I will be at home. I am also using Windows XP 32 bit SP3. I still have all my cd installer driver for my motherboard and I believe the driver for my video card is with the cd itself. Before when my computer stop working and when I try to reformat my computer when it crashes down, I used the same cd installer to have all my drivers back working again. Read the manual of my mother board and it does says there that the motherboard is basing on the Nvidia Nforce series 520/560 for graphic performance. I am using an MSI motherboard.

Thank you.

Edited by corneto_20, 10 June 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#9 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

It is somewhat unclear whether or not your motherboard has "Onboard Video". If I understand you correctly, you are using some kind of Nvidia "Video Card". i.e a separate card that fits in one of the following type slots. 1) PCI Slot, 2) AGP Slot, 3) PCI Express Slot. If That is the case, You do not need the driver for the "Onboard Video" assuming that your motherboard has "Onboard Video", but rather the driver for the type of Video Card you are using. 

Please specify exactly what model of Nvidea Videp Card you are using, if you want to be able to get the right driver for it.

#10 corneto_20

corneto_20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi guyz, thank you for the info and the patience. I installed the SPECCY and surprisingly, I don't have a video card and my computer has been using my motherboard onboard graphics driver. I don't understand actually why my LG monitor is not being recognized by the computer though. Before it was able to recognized it. Below are my specs...

Summary
Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 35 °C
Brisbane 65nm Technology
RAM
1.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 328MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
MSI MS-7369 (CPU 1) 45 °C

Motherboard
Manufacturer MSI
Model MS-7369 (CPU 1)
Version 1.1
Chipset Vendor NVIDIA
Chipset Model nForce 560
Chipset Revision A3
Southbridge Vendor NVIDIA
Southbridge Model nForce 560
Southbridge Revision A3
System Temperature 45 °C
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version V2.2
Date 9/13/2007
Voltage
CPU CORE 1.248 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER 0.768 V
+3.3V 3.280 V
+5V 4.920 V
+12V 6.747 V
VIN5 0.968 V
VIN6 1.096 V
PCI Data
Slot UNKNOWN
Slot Type UNKNOWN
Slot Usage Available
Bus Width 32 bit
Slot Designation AGP
Slot Number 0
Slot PCI
Slot Type PCI
Slot Usage Available
Bus Width 32 bit
Slot Designation PCI1
Slot Number 1
Graphics
Monitor
Name Standard Monitor on
Current Resolution 1280x1024 pixels
Work Resolution 1280x990 pixels
State Enabled, Primary
Monitor Width 1280
Monitor Height 1024
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 1 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
GPU G72
Device ID 10DE-01D3
Revision A2
Subvendor nVidia (10DE)
Current Performance Level Level 1
Technology 1 nm
Die Size 77 mm²
Transistors 112 M
Release Date Mar 2006
DirectX Support 9.0c
DirectX Shader Model 3.0
OpenGL Support 2.0
Driver nv4_disp.dll
Driver version 6.14.10.5673
ForceWare version 186.34
ROPs 2
Shaders Vertex 4/Pixel 4
Memory Type DDR
Bus Width 64 Bit
Count of performance levels : 1
Level 1
OpenGL
Version 1.1.0
Vendor Microsoft Corporation
Renderer GDI Generic
GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation
Values
GL_MAX_LIGHTS 8
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE 1024
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_STACK_DEPTH 10
GL Extensions
GL_WIN_swap_hint
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_paletted_texture
GL_EXT_bgra

Now, when I installed again my cd driver for my motherboard chipset, it gives with this error when I selected the NVIDIA MCP65 SYSTEM DRIVER:

An error (-5006: 0x80070017) has occured while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs. please contact your vendor. Nvidia Corporation

Details:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070017
Error Information:
>SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (841)
pAPP:NVIDIA Windows nForce Drivers
PVENDOR:NVIDIA Corporation
PGUID:EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD
$12.0.0.49974
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 256.64

Been uninstalling and re installing but no go...

Please I need your reply..

Thank you so much... 

#11 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

If in fact you do not have a video card, and have your monitor plugged into the "Onboard Video" plug on the motherboard, then the simplest solution would be to use the CD-disk that came with your motherboard to re-install the "Video Driver".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users