Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

deleted an excel spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wrhatt

wrhatt

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I had an excel spread sheet on a flash drive that is connected to my computer via a usb port. I'm running Windows 7 and Office 2010. I accidently deleted the excel spread sheet while looking at it on my computer. It's not in the deleted "trash can" on the computer. Where else might it be or how can I get it back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

You may be able to recover the file using a data recovery program such as Recuva.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 wrhatt

wrhatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Recuva says it found the file and recovered it but my Excel 2010 won't open it saying it is corrupted. Anyways thank you for taking the time to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users