avast! Web Shield
acts as a transparent HTTP proxy which will monitor and intercept all outgoing connections from the HTTP proxy application. Web Shield is compatible with major web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, FireFox and Opera), monitors your Internet activity and blocks URLs of known dangerous sites before your browser loads them in order to prevent risk of infection from these sites. A malicious URL warning will usually interrupt you one time and then go away. If avast continually displays the same warning or provides an alert when not surfing the net, then your system may already be compromised and you will need to began checking for malware infection.
Please perform a scan with AdwCleaner
by Xplode and remove any unknown Toolbars, adware and potential unwanted programs (PUP
). You can refer to these instructions: How To Use AdwCleaner
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
- Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
- Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A.4. Issues.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs
or permit them to allow
If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.Note: A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO
- After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
- When done, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes when done.
is available as an option when first installing
the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key
. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.