Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to connect a wi-fi printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobbob1327

bobbob1327

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Help. I'm installing a wi-fi printer but I get to a point when my options are 1.Connect to network...I'm a standalone computer

or 2. connect via usb port which defeats the purpose of wi-fi.

When I try to connect to network the error message is "can't connect under current network environment"

My operating system is windows xp pro.

Could you please give me an idiots guide as to how I alter my network thing to accept the printer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

I don't do wifi...but my guess is that the "network" referred to...would be your existing Internet connection.

Have you read through the complete instlation instructions?  Does your system support wireless connectivity?  If so...is the driver for the system wifi connection properly installed?  You can verify this by going to Device Manager and see if a wireless connection is reflected under Network Adapters.

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter...to get into Device Manager.

If no wireless adapter is listed as installed/working properly...and the system supports wireless...you should install the wireless driver from your Drivers CD.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users