Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATX - BTX Tower cases

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi

I am building my first computer and I have bought a Intel DP67BG MoBo and it talks about using a BTX computer case and I can't find one anywhere.

Will a ATX case work with this MoBo ?

Thanks

maranatha

Windows7 Professional 64 Bit

I'm going in the wrong direction to be in a hurry!

unite_mo.jpg

My help is always free, But I do accept donations.
Donate Here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Not without modifying the case. There are some BTX cases from coolermaster, but their expensive and hard to find. BTX are normally proprietary, and with dell BTX youd be out of luck, but since your using a intel BTX, You should be able to modify a standard ATX case to work with a drill or dremal. You would have to find a case that the motherboard physically fits in, remove the standoffs that are in it, mark the new spots with the motherboard in it, and drill out the new standoff positions, and be careful to clean out all the metal shavings.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hi

Ok thanks. That is what I'll do.

maranatha

unite_mo.jpg

Donate Here

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

According to the motherboard's technical specifications, the form factor is an ATX (12inch by 9.60inch).

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 maranatha

maranatha

Whats That !

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,229 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

OK thanks killerx525

That's great, Makes things that much easier.

maranatha

unite_mo.jpg

Donate Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users