Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

s-video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

HI,I have a big screen TV that i believe that best video connection is a s- video input,i have a GT610

video card in a DELL E521 PC,it has VGA,HDMI,DVI outputs on it is there a cable that i can get to at

least get a s-video connection from it,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,497 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hello, of that selection s-video is the lowest quality, is there a specific reason you'd choose to use it? There's no easy way to generate s-video from the other options.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

HI,platypus,no the reason i was even thinking about it is that is the best connection it has as the TV is about

ten years old and we stream from netflix so if there was cheap solution for right now.

If you look up my post about a $3.80 VGA TO HDMI cable you will see i have one lesson this week,but will keep hoping.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,497 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Indeed, keep hoping! s-video would be reasonable for video streaming, but it would tend to make text look blurry if you used it for a computer monitor.

It was more common for older video cards to have an s-video output, you might be able to find a used card somewhere with one?

#5 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

HI,platypus,Is there a program that can check out a PSU that will not kill a PC as it was suggested that my PSU

may be going bad as the GT610 was not working well in the PC i am on right now,but has been working great in the other E52

no horizontal lines at all

Computers are getting cheap enough that it almost hurts to put any money in these E521's.

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,497 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

It's not something that software can achieve - a PSU fault that will cause interference on a video card but otherwise not affect the system probably has one voltage rail with switching hash on it. Usually indicative of bad capacitors. A technician could locate it with an oscilloscope, but diagnostic software has no way to identify this type of fault.

If you have two of the same model computer, you could find out if it's the PSU by swapping them between computers. If the video card that's happy in one computer gets lines when you fit the PSU from the other computer, that would prove that PSU is the cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users