Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a cheap right angle SATA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Navywalrus

Navywalrus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm pretty bad with computers, so maybe someone can help me out here.

I've got a second hard drive, from my old broken computer, that I'm trying to put in my newer one. I went to best buy today and bought this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B---2%27-Right-Angle-Serial-ATA-2.0-Cable/7002904.p?id=1099391932915&skuId=7002904

First off, the cable was expensive as hell. Second its got some weird rubbery casing around the outside, that makes it impossible to put in along with the power cord. 3rd problem is it faces the wrong way in the case. It's angled towards the edge of the computer case so I'd have to bend it sharply to be able to put the cover back on the case. I have to return it now.

Can someone point me towards a cable that faces the opposite direction?  Thanks a lot.

Edited by Navywalrus, 26 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

FWIW:  Those right-angle cables are not the best...you want one that's straight...and you should take that one back.  The right-angle cables are OK, but not necessary.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Startech+-+12in+Latching+Round+SATA+Cable+-+Black/5375274.p?id=1218635865293&skuId=5375274

Standard length should be 12-inch for hard drive cables, but some prefer 18-inch.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users