Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Device and no sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Well I've been working on this problem since March and am finally giving up and asking for some help. I did a clean install of Windows 8 x64 after using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with no problems for many years on this machine. After install things work just fine except I have one device that is labeled as unkown. In Device Manager right click > Properties > Details Tab I get this Information:

ACPI\VEN_AWY&DEV_0001
ACPI\AWY0001
*AWY0001

and a google search has so far turned up nothing.

Also my computer was an HP Pavilion a1350n (same mobo, cpu, dvd) just upgraded RAM, added a 5.25" and 3.5" floppy and a couple USB 3.0 ports and newer nVidia Card but the system worked just fine under 7. Now my computer has an integrated Realtek AC97 audio card that I just can not get to show up at all in device manager in Windows 8 and an installation of the drivers does absolutely nothing to help. Any help would be appreciated.

Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Try installing the latest driver from your manufactures website or Realtek.com in compatibilty mode. Also acording to eightforums.com you want to avoid the Microsoft driver updates.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 len.moret

len.moret

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

can this be your ethernet adaptor?  Couldn't find the vendor though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users