Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dynamic and Basic Partition?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hi everyone. I am trying to Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8. I have the Windows 8 boot dvd already and when I tried to boot everything went well except when I said I wanted a custom installation and I want to install on my partition that I have created it said that it was dynamic it could not install Windows 8 on it. Is there any way to convert the 105 GB dynamic partition I have in my hard drive to be a basic partition. When I open My Computer, this is what I have in my Hard Disk Drives Section:

Local Disk (C:) : 372 GB free of 471 GB

Recovery (D:) : 1.73 GB free of 15.7 GB

HP_TOOLS (E:) : 1.09 GB free of 3.95 GB

Windows 8 (M:) : 104 GB free of 104 GB (This is the partition that I have created.)

Somebody please help. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

windows - What's the difference between system, dynamic, primary partition? - Server Fault

Edited by dc3, 26 May 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users