Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot open Microsoft Office Home and Student

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trojanhunter

trojanhunter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hi there, I bought and installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 on my computer (Windows 7)  in August last year. Everything worked well until yesterday when I suddenly found I could no longer open any Office component. When I try, I get an error message telling me that Microsoft can no longer verify the licence for this application. A repair attempt failed or was cancelled. (I tried once to repair it from the control panel).

What I Have Tried; I have removed Office from the control panel and downloaded it from the Microsoft site, I have my original box and product key that I entered for the download but after download it would not open and I got the same message again. There is still an entry for Office in Programme and Features/ control panel list that I cannot remove or change/repair but there is no entry for the amount of space used next to it, so I'm wondering if the file has been corrupted and that is why it will not work or download properly. I have had Office since August as stated but Microsoft only help up until 90 days and mine is older than that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Uninstall...all of MS Office...via Add/Remove Programs.

Run the chkdsk /r command.

Install Office anew.

Louis

#3 trojanhunter

trojanhunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hi here, Many thanks for you help, I have tried to run the chkdsk/r command but get this message when I add the command into the command prompt window; Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in an elevated mode.

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

Here's a nice tutorial on elevated command prompt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

#5 trojanhunter

trojanhunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Thanks all for your help, I was able to remove the last of Office in Programmes and features, download office again and everything is working perfectly  :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users