Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC wont get through "loading windows" screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aly22

Aly22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hello everyone, 

I left home for some days and after i got back my computer wouldnt start. It cant get through the loading screen and i cant even start my computer in safe mose nor my windows 7 installation cd wont start after boot. it freeyes at loading screen.

Thank you for helping me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi

Welcome to the bleeping computer forum.

Do you have a Laptop or custom built PC ?. Please post the spec in case of a PC or make and model number in case of a laptop. 

If you can remember any last software or hardware change, mention the details also.

#3 Aly22

Aly22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Intel core2quad i8300 i think 

2*2048 mb ram 

ati radeaon 7750 hd

asus motherboard i dont know which :S

My computer worked totally fine before this with 64 bit windows 7.

Edit:costum built pc

edit 2: no changes in hardware or software.

Edited by Aly22, 26 May 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi

Since the Windows setup DVD is also freezing, i suspect a hardware failure. Please follow the below steps.

1 )We need to remove some hardware components. Static electricity in our hands can damage the components inside system. So either wear a glows or touch you hand in an unpainted part of the metallic case of system (to discharge static electricity)

2 ) Remove one of the 2 GB RAM stick and try to  boot. If not success, swap the RAM with previously removed. By plugging only one RAM at a time, we will know if one of them is faulty.

3 ) If the above step fails, remove the graphics card and use the on boad VGA for display. Check if the system can boot now.

4 ) If that didn't helps, remove the power and SATA cables from hard disk. Now boot from the setup DVD to test if the system can successfully boot up to the partitioning section.

Report the outcome of the test.

#5 Aly22

Aly22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I did everything you said nothing helped, could it be something else?

PS: video card is 3 months old, i tried putting in the old one but it did the same.

Thanks for your answer hope we will find a solution.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hi

Generally this type of faults are either caused by HDD or RAM. In your case, Win 7 DVD refused to boot even after unplugging HDD and swapping RAM. 

One thing i forgot to say is to unplug all USB devices. Sometimes USB devices might cause this errors so remove everything connected to USB including the mouse and check. Also remove any add on cards plugged in the PCI slots like sound, LAN etc.

If that didn't help, try resetting BIOS. Unplug the power cord and remove the side cover. Remove the CMOS button cell from the socket and reinsert it after 15 or more minute. Next time when you powering up the PC, it will ask to load default values. Do so and see if the system works.

#7 Aly22

Aly22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi

Generally this type of faults are either caused by HDD or RAM. In your case, Win 7 DVD refused to boot even after unplugging HDD and swapping RAM. 

One thing i forgot to say is to unplug all USB devices. Sometimes USB devices might cause this errors so remove everything connected to USB including the mouse and check. Also remove any add on cards plugged in the PCI slots like sound, LAN etc.

If that didn't help, try resetting BIOS. Unplug the power cord and remove the side cover. Remove the CMOS button cell from the socket and reinsert it after 15 or more minute. Next time when you powering up the PC, it will ask to load default values. Do so and see if the system works.

I cant do that could you send me a video footage?

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hi

Wear a glows or touch your hand in an unpainted metal part of the cabinet to avoid static electricity damage.  

How to clean a PC :

How to remove RAM and PCI cards :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LND0Gqgyyk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users