Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office 2000 Premium

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peacechild554

peacechild554

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

I am running windows xp home and I have microsoft office 2000 premium. I have not had any trouble with it until now. This is my work comp. and I have several documents I have made with Word. Some have our agency letter head on them. The problem is, when I pull up one of these document, all I have is just a blank start up screen from Word, but if I hit the print button, it prints out the document w/ letter head on it. I tried Detect and Repair but I need the installation disk and my old boss took that with him when he left. I don't know of anything different done added or deleted on the system to cause the problem. And it doesn't seem to matter which view I'm in, nothing seems to work. I got my co worker to email the letter head to me again and was going to try and make new files, but that picture will not show up either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate to tell my new boss, but I really need these documents.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

So the problem is just that the letterhead is not displaying on the screen properly when the document is opened in Word? My word documents with images do that all of the time, and I still have not figured out why. If I click on the area where the image should be, it will sometimes restore it. If not, there should be a toolbar button that can be used to restore it.

The image is there, it is just not being drawn. I ususally just open it in WordPad, and all of the images display just fine. Maybe give that a try and see if it will display your heading like it is supposed to? I would about guess that something just needs to be updated, or that maybe a recent patch might be causing the issue, but I have not worried about it wnough to try and chase it down yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users