Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Failed to Start, System Repair Can't Discover Problem, bad driver

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_FatalClick_*

Guest_FatalClick_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

Ok now, I've been searching all over the Internet and I've found many solutions to this problem which do help some and not others, and they're all different. Out from the answers, came up that one :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448339/windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem/

but the solution, related to Malware troubleshooting is not an obvious symptom in my case.

The Windows Repair Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: Startup Repair Offline
Problem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 3:
Problem Signature 4:
Problem Signature 5: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 6:
Problem Signature 7: BadDriver

What Happened...
My started to face some BSOD issues in April, I started to believe into issues related to SSD OCZ2, which I replaced by a Samsung 840 Pro. However, while trying all kinds of solutions, I noted that the issue whatever it was was not the disk, so I reuse both SSD as C: and D:, on top of all other partitions

In fact I could come back to a Backup via Easus, that backup is like an enriched clean install, which is one year old, but seems to be very fit. It costed me Days to succeed and not lose more.

After maximum 2 additional weeks, BSOs came back. There is not any cause mentioned in the BlueScreen.

I jumped again onto the Windows 7 installation Disk (both CD and USB) to run all kinds of tests, with no success.

I first managed to still enter the Safe Mode,

- I eliminated Avast drivers which I suspected to be the  cause as they appeared at risk in device manager, safety software is often related

- Restore temptatives failed, that was not nice to read because I made many of them. A forum mentioned to delete some elements in the registry, no success

- i created a Gparted USB Boot, because I checked the SSD with a software that told that the OS-Partition had something "bad" (I can't remember, sorry)

Now :

- I'm still blocked out even from safe mode : best case I reach the booting picture with that 4 coulours joining into a Window.

- I can have messages as missing boot mgr  & Ctrl Alt Del

- I think I multiplied the issues : the basic issue is sure a driver related to 6.1.7600.16385

> that problem was mentioned in Phase 1 (boot disk = ocz) and in current phase 2 (boot disk = ss 840 pro)

> 6.1.7600.16385 is not really a driver but may be a driver status : I've read about many different devices, Realtek, etc using something related, so actually I have no idea what to look for nor to install it.

What I Have Tried So Far

• Boot in safe mode : includes  the scan with Antimalware (nothing), reading the events, uninstalling a overlays.dll, Avast, sfc, chkdsk
  • Boot with network
  • Last working system
  • Run chkdsk (no problems found)
  • eliminate some drivers

All of the above failed to solve the problem.

From the command prompt, I have attempted...

• Bootrec (the 3 steps including rebuild) :
  • fix mbr
  • chkdsk
  • sfc/scannow : no request for driver replacement
  • diskpart to see partitions, render the OS active (it happened that the "System Reserve" became the Boot)

From GPART :

• verify partitions : nothing particular
  • slight move of partition

Current Questions

• I don't know where I can get the drivers and what ones I need
  • how, given my present case, can I install or re-install the drivers?
  • I can imagine all this could happen with a automatic driver update too, however, there is no link to any specific device or software.
  • Is there anything else that I've missed that can be a possible solution
  • I have a selective restore, only saving and restoring the OS C:  am not satisfied by my backup up solutions. I use EASUS, earlier it was something else (I will remember the name), I also do partition copies, I should have dozens of safeties, but apparently I'm wrong somewhere and miss some issues turning around reinstalling partitions.

Thanks a lot to all of you,

I spent already easily a month on the subject. Not on a day to day basis since I'm often not home during the week.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_FatalClick_*

Guest_FatalClick_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

ok thanks for the many replies first of all, probably nobody got inspired by so much text I agree.

As my Mobo Asus P8P67 has a design error (built 2011), I first decided to send it back to Asus.

First time to disassemble and soon reassemble a PC.

If technically all ok, I will proceed with the main issue : pnpclass.sys blocks in safe mode. All other boot modes being out.

It seems to leave all doors of errors open, so again if anybody would help out, I wouldn't reject the support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users