Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus seashell laptop turns on then nothing. Tried everything and clueless.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trami

trami

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

Reseted cmos - didnt help
Took out memory - didnt help
Tried to release static charge - didnt help
Tried hooking it to a different screen via the vga connection - didnt help
Tried cleaning everything, taking everything apart then reassembeling - didnt help
Checked power from battery and ac charger - all fine - didnt help

Also on mother board - Fan working. 
I also checked if theres power with a multimeter on - Harddrive, video connector to the screen and few other stuff. everything got their volts!

Another thing - A friend of mine gave me the laptop - He was trying to set windows but told me bios recognized the hard drive but windows didnt. And after a while display shut of permanently. Then he gave it to me to check.
Anyways really clueless, would appreciate help confused.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hi trani :)

He was trying to set windows but told me bios recognized the hard drive but windows didnt. And after a while display shut of permanently.

Some BIOS setup on OEM laptop would still recognize or post the information of the last working hard drive until setup default is reloaded. Can you confirm this by hooking up the drive by enclosures to see if its still working? If no enclosures is available, try using a live linux disc to check on both the drive - retrieve important documents and the laptop - to see if it would boot up properly. Good Luck :thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users