Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flip video please help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yanda70

yanda70

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi, I am new here so firstly hello :thumbup2:

I am having a crisis and hope someone can help as it's pretty desperate!  I recently had a laptop given to me to fix. I have done so, but the person who owns the laptop wanted all her pics and videos onto a disc and the pc cleared of data. I went ahead and did this, deleting the files from the pc to give more space. However... I may have been a bit short sighted :blush:

One of the dvd's had her videos on it. She has called to say she cant play them on dvd player OR laptop. She says they are FLIP VIDEOS. I have scoured the internet, even flipshare website, and don't know what to do. I saved them by simply highlighting them and moving to disc. The files are there but wont play, and I'm desperate to do something as I have no backup. ( dozy cow)!

Can I put the disc in my laptop and change the format of the files?? If so how?

Would really appreciate any help at all with this, feeling guilty as hell! :wacko:

Thank you all x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

I saved them by simply highlighting them and moving to disc. The files are there but wont play, and I'm desperate to do something as I have no backup. ( dozy cow)!

Can I put the disc in my laptop and change the format of the files?? If so how?

Did you use a program to put the photos and videos on a disc?

Or did you just make a data disc through Windows?

And if you did just make a data disc with all the photos and videos on it then you should be able to get the disc back from her and access all those files through your computer again.

Hulk_Tag.png

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't know anything about it but I think what he is talking about is video shot with a Flip camcorder. Check out the link.

http://support.theflip.com/en-us/home/

#4 yanda70

yanda70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hiya, thanks for the replies :) Yes Im assuming its a flip camera too. I did just highlight the files on her pc and right click send to... dvd drive. Im assuming then that this is a windows save? Thanks Slim Nelson, I hope you are right that I can re access them. How would I then copy them onto disc again so that it will play on any pc??? Is there a special programme to convert flip into playable or similar?? Sorry, confused! x :mellow:

#5 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Frank. And yeah, there are plenty of video converting and burning programs. The Flip Video records in Mp4 if I'm not mistaken so I wouldn't even convert but if you want to burn to playable DVD, I would recommend DVD Flick @ http://www.dvdflick.net for free.

Hulk_Tag.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users