Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE10 - Crashes On Startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 captain_backfire

captain_backfire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Greetings,

I'm trying to start Internet Explorer and am getting message "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and the options to Debug or Close Program.

Girlfriend was using computer and suddenly contracted virus that created multiple pop ups of IE periodically.

I ran MalwareBytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and flushed out any badness that was reported.

I ran Microsoft's FixIT tool for Ie and reset the internet settings.  After doing this, McAfee detected a Trojan Horse program and said it quarantined it.  I didn't keep a log of what the exact message was on this, my apologies.

Now, at this point, I cannot launch IE.  I've tried reinstalling it (IE10), but Microsoft's install programs say that a newer version of IE is already installed.

Its a Windows 7 Home Edition OS, 64bit.

I'm at a loss here.  Hopefully this information will help someone point me in the right direction.  Please inform me if I need to give more information,

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 27 May 2013 - 04:30 AM.
Moved to Am I infected from Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users