Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Downloads On My Computer...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Southernzfinest

Southernzfinest

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

for some strange reason or another, i cant download anything off of ANY website that i go to. I tried to download Yahoo messenger, and all it does is just press the button...but nothing happens. But its not only Yahoo, its EVERY website that i go to....even in my inbox. Anybody that could offer help and/or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Southernzfinest

Southernzfinest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:22 AM

also, if this is an old post...could someone redircet me to where i need to go..?

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

This is just as good a place as any to post your problem. :thumbsup: What happens when you try to download something? Are you geting an error message? Have you updated any software on your system recently? Does anybody use the computer besides you? It really could be any number of different issues, so we will have to start with some fact finding first.

#4 Southernzfinest

Southernzfinest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

well...i dont get any messages...other than my browser settings wont allow you to view this page...so i reset my browser settings and nothing happened....then i let my roommate use it and it wouldnt even let him on a webpage.....and i just did a system scan on it right now and heres a list of the things it found:

CAS Client
DyFuCa Internet Optimizer
Look2Me.Topconverting
Network Monitor
NewDotNet

keep in mind that i cant download anything you tell me to...and i have the following Spyware detectors:

Spybox
Ad-Adware SE

i just want my computer back like it was before...if you need anything else,please let me know...

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:19 AM

First you need to go to your add/remove programs and uninstall most of that. Then you will need to go here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Since you can't download HJT to your computer, you will have to download it to floppy and transfer it over. Be sure to let those guys know exactly what you have done as far as trying to fix your computer, otherwise it will take longer to discover the problem. Once you get your log posted, sit tight and wait for someone to get to you. It might take a day or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users