This is my first post related to computer virus disinfection.
I believe I have reasonable computer knowledge and I always steer away from viruses and malware infected websites.
I have lenovo G550 system, running windows 7 professional 32 bit. But recently my computer somehow got infected with a virus/malware which have made my computer almost unusable and the only solution I can think of is the clean reinstallation of windows.
The symptoms are as follow:
1. Windows services i.e internet sharing, firewall, security essentials, system restore and windows update stopped working.
2. Even though my user account is the only administrator account, I no longer have administrative access.
3. Unable to download files through internet browsers i.e firefox, chrome, IE10. Virus check fails and the file is then deleted.
4. Cant sign in to online accounts anymore i.e Youtube, webmails, facebook, twitter. Cookies are not accepted.
5. Google chrome detects Sirefef.er virus/malware and suggests cleaning with Microsoft security essentials.
6. Can't not burn dvds error message, windows unable to complete format.
1. Thorough virus scans with AVG, Kaspersky and Malwarebytes antivirus to no avail. All failed to detect and fix problems listed above.
2. TDSSkiller scanned and seems fixed cookies issue for now.
3. System restore always fails to replace files.
Kindly suggest something to restore windows services and guide through the removal of viruses and malwares.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 May 2013 - 02:31 AM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB