Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by virus, revoked administrator rights and windows services banned

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mbilalbutt

mbilalbutt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hi,

This is my first post related to computer virus disinfection.

I believe I have reasonable computer knowledge and I always steer away from viruses and malware infected websites.

I have lenovo G550 system, running windows 7 professional 32 bit. But recently my computer somehow got infected with a virus/malware which have made my computer almost unusable and the only solution I can think of is the clean reinstallation of windows.

The symptoms are as follow:
1. Windows services i.e internet sharing, firewall, security essentials, system restore and windows update stopped working.

2. Even though my user account is the only administrator account, I no longer have administrative access.

3. Unable to download files through internet browsers i.e firefox, chrome, IE10. Virus check fails and the file is then deleted.

4. Cant sign in to online accounts anymore i.e Youtube, webmails, facebook, twitter. Cookies are not accepted.

5. Google chrome detects Sirefef.er virus/malware and suggests cleaning with Microsoft security essentials.

6. Can't not burn dvds error message, windows unable to complete format.

Solutions tried:

1. Thorough virus scans with AVG, Kaspersky and Malwarebytes antivirus to no avail. All failed to detect and fix problems listed above.

2. TDSSkiller scanned and seems fixed cookies issue for now.

3. System restore always fails to replace files.

Kindly suggest something to restore windows services and guide through the removal of viruses and malwares.

Thank you,

Bilal.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 May 2013 - 02:31 AM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tamj

Tamj

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

I have similar issues with my XP. But more. No administrator access, any files or program I try to go to,I must right click twice and open, and that isn't to say i always get in. I can't always download because of an error "Co create instance failed Ox80040154 class not registered" When I do get a download, it doesn't save and no icon is made either.It shows in the list but is empty.. The downloads are crazy and won't exit or close and pop up when they want to while I am working on my PC. I have no IE anymore, it has been blocked or deleted and chrome is hard to get into. Registry scan says all is ok. All of this began when my audio driver stopped and showed no audio device. I started looking for free downloads everywhere and must have picked up this bug exploring and searching. Can't fix it! help! Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Tamj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users