Last week I got a "java update" popup notice that i clicked on. After a few alerts from comodo about files and activities that just didnt sound right I stopped the update.
After that my internet explorer 9 started acting up:
- it takes two minutes to load any new page/tab that i open. once the tab is open it works fine across the different sites until i close it.
- sometimes the menu bar grays out and is unaccessable
I have done the following:
- loaded java 7 21
- reset ie9, then uninstalled ie9, run ie8 (runs good), re-installed ie-9
- avira antivirus, malwarebytes, windows defender, and kaspersky scans have found nothing.
- malwarebyes anti rootkit found noting.
- checked my internet speed and is as advertised.
- i have no add ons, have reduced my favorites, and have reduced my start ups as much as possible.
Dont know but just feel something happened when i said yes to that java pop up.
windows vista version 6 build 6002 sp2.
thanks in advance