Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube Issue

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chillum

Chillum

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi ,for the past 3 weeks at various times when waiting for a Youtube video to appear,a thin red line appears at the top of my screen just below the Chrome browser search bar (see pic I made below).The line usually scrolls across my screen when I have clicked on another video and I'm waiting for it to appear,as if it's a loading symbol.

This line does not always appear though,one day it's there next it isn't and so on.. .it also doesn't seem to correlate with the length of time I'm waiting for Youtube to load.I've tried searching about,thinking it might be some new Youtube changes or glitches but haven't found any information regarding this.

Any help or info would be most appreciated..Thanks 

My apologies for posting this in the incorrect section.

2wfl9hv.png

Acer Aspire

Windows 7 Home Premium

Chrome Browser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NoHz

NoHz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi Chillum,

Do you know if youtube works properly in other browsers?

Try updating Adobe Flash Player and Crome to the lastest versions, and message back if your still having problems.

#3 Chillum

Chillum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Hi NoHz ,thanks for the quick reply,

Yes it seems to be working fine in both IE and Firefox (no redline) but still happening in Chrome.

All Flash players are up to date :

IE + Firefox : 11.7.700.202

Chrome (Pepper-Based Flash Player) : 11.7.700.203

#4 NoHz

NoHz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Reinstalling Flash and Chrome is the best way to fix issues like this but you can try to reset the flash plugin first.

Clearing your browsing history can somtimes fix Flash problems, Chrome Menu>Tools>Clear Browsing Data.

- Type chrome:plugins in the adress bar to open the Plug-ins page.

- On the Plug-ins page that appears, find the "Flash" listing.

- To disable Adobe Flash Player completely, click the Disable link under its name.

Re-enable flash and check one more time, if that fails you may have to install a new copy of Chrome.

Hope this helps.

#5 Dutchman99

Dutchman99

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

A few days ago I found it unable to watch any videos on uTube or any other video sites. I keep receiving a message across the top of the video screen that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. The first time i looked at programs in the Control Panel there were two Adobe Programs in there (can't remember the names) but they weren't 'Player'. I downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X...twice! And each time when I tried to watch a video I got the same message to install AFP. I uninstalled the other two Adobe programs and got the same result. I uninstalled AFP, rebooting the PC each time, and re-installed AFP 11 Active X. Same result! I've gone through Adobe's so-called customer service, Help and FAQ files to no avail. I clicked on one link that said Adobe Flash Help. Every Adobe product was listed except AFP. Does anyone know why when I download and install AFP EACH TIME I get the Adobe screen with the guy riding the bike and across the top it says "Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.202 Successfully Installed" and it's in the Control Panel's Program list...but doesn't work?  

A Wasted Woman is Never a Waste of Time

#6 Chillum

Chillum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

The issue seems to be resolved after reinstalling chrome,I tried disabling Flash first but that didn't solve it.  

Thanks for your time and help NoHz   :thumbup2:

#7 Dutchman99

Dutchman99

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'd rather do without Flash than install Chrome!

#8 NoHz

NoHz

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Glad I could Help :)

A few days ago I found it unable to watch any videos on uTube or any other video sites. I keep receiving a message across the top of the video screen that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. The first time i looked at programs in the Control Panel there were two Adobe Programs in there (can't remember the names) but they weren't 'Player'. I downloaded and installed Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X...twice! And each time when I tried to watch a video I got the same message to install AFP. I uninstalled the other two Adobe programs and got the same result. I uninstalled AFP, rebooting the PC each time, and re-installed AFP 11 Active X. Same result! I've gone through Adobe's so-called customer service, Help and FAQ files to no avail. I clicked on one link that said Adobe Flash Help. Every Adobe product was listed except AFP. Does anyone know why when I download and install AFP EACH TIME I get the Adobe screen with the guy riding the bike and across the top it says "Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.202 Successfully Installed" and it's in the Control Panel's Program list...but doesn't work?  

Hi Dutchman, Your problem is unrelated to youtube. Try uninstalling all versions of Adobe Flash Player from the control panel. If you use Google Chrome, Flash player is built in so you will have to reinstall the browser itself.

If your AntiVirus caught anything or your machine seems to be behaving stangely and you think you may be infected, Please go to Am I Infected? What Do I Do? right away and follow the instructions there.

If not, could you please post some more details in the Audio and Video section? Include things like which browser you use,  your graphics card if possible, and any new programs you installed before your video stopped working.

#9 Dutchman99

Dutchman99

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hello NoHz: Thank you for your reply. During my aimless search for the problem I've been having with Flash Player, I stumbled upon the cause. I went to Tools / Internet Options / Programs / Manage Add-ons and found out Shockwave Flash Object was DISABLED. Once I ENABLED it the videos worked fine. Maybe this will help someone else if their Chrome Browser doesn't do the trick. I do not have Chrome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users