Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor/Computer Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phntm

phntm

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

How do I find out if my monitor is compatible with a new computer I am buying.

My monitor is a LG LCD, it was made in 2010, that's all it really says, all though it still has the sticker containing different numbers.

The computer I'm fixing to buy is a HP DC5100 3.4GHz 2GB 160GB SFF with a windows 7 platform.

Edited by phntm, 24 May 2013 - 08:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

As long as your pc has the same connectors as the monitor then you have nothing to worry about. Example would be dvi connector on computer, and dvi connector on monitor, or vga to vga.

Looks like that pc only has 1 VGA connector. Make sure the monitor has a vga connector, *It's the cable with the blue end* if not you'll have to purchase an adapter. Typically newer monitors only come with DVI connectors, so you'll have to have an adapter to convert from DVI to VGA.

*VGA CONNECTOR*

images2.jpg

*DVI CONNECTOR*

images.jpg

Edited by chrisd87, 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 phntm

phntm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Okay, I see, because my monitor does not work on two other computers of mine, but the plug fits. Perhaps it's a software issue then on those pc's. Anyways thanks for your response. I just had to make sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users