Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG Scan Found High Severity Threats in Archive (Can't Remove)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greatmuta6

greatmuta6

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hello,

I need the expertise of someone experienced in this forum.

My problem started today.  My Toshiba Satellite (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) Laptop has been awfully slow (more specifically, this slowness persisted on videos from sites e.g. YouTube and thumbnails of videos in general, wouldn't load).  This slowness was present on Internet Explore as well as Mozilla Firefox.  Of course, the first thing I tried was opening Internet Explorer.. to see if the problem was limited to Mozilla Firefox.  I engaged in various other methods of troubleshooting e.g. flushing my DNS, releasing and renewing my IP address, diagnosing and repairing my network connection with Microsoft 'troubleshooting', Tinkering with 'internet options' of Internet Explorer; specifically the 'connections' tab, cleared caches, erased junk files, etc etc..

Finally, I realized that it could be malware related.

I decided to run a 'Whole Computer Scan' with AVG and selected the option 'scan inside archives' before running it.

Results: Two high severity threats were found inside archives... I copied the details to notepad and saved it.

"";"Virus found Win32/Heur, C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{5BCC94A1-DEF1-4AB4-8046-BC13048E929A}\ISSetup.dll";"Cannot be removed
Moved object is bigger than the archive size limit."

"";"Virus found Win32/Heur, C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{F64684A0-754B-4637-B7F9-6E8DAA8CD5CD}\ISSetup.dll";"Cannot be removed
Moved object is bigger than the archive size limit."

AVG couldn't remove the viruses due to the "archive size limit" and I don't feel comfortable removing the archive on my own.

I'm not sure if it's safe to do so.

I tried to be as detailed as possible in terms of the problem I've encountered.

Thank you,

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Could be false positive.

Upload both files here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/ for security check.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users