Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 voice recognition question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grindy

grindy

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

I have literally hundreds of hours of excellent quality audio of my (late) father speaking. I would very much like to be able to use Windows 7 voice recognition to transcribe these audio's into text, but from what I know about speech recognition apps - they all seem to require training via a microphone (not an audio recording). My question is whether any of you here have managed to do what I would like to do, either with Windows 7 or any other voice recognition app?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

This and This seem to be the 2 better M/soft tutorials -

Sorry but I do not know of any other How to use Windows 7 voice recognition programs -

#3 grindy

grindy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Thx for responding, but both of your links are for MS basic info on Win 7 use.  Perhaps you might consider re-reading my post.

Edited by grindy, 24 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hello -

Are these the type of programs that you want ??

This may need Re-recording, to transcribe, and I know it is not exactly what you want - Ask on their Forum for more direct help -

The WSRToolkit for Windows Speech Recogntion has a feature to transcribe dictated speech (not conversational speech) into text. It also has many other features including accuracy improvement.
NOTE - This is not free (but cheap) - For the latest information, follow the newest links and visit the Forum they have.

Not sure of this one --> Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
See us at: http://www.MyMSSpeech.com

Keep looking and asking at any related forums, and you may get better answers -

#5 grindy

grindy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Thanks noknojon, I posted my question over ar MyMSSpeach forum..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users