Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mirrored HardDrive Issue - RAID

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TedBekkle

TedBekkle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

So a few years ago I set up a computer with a RAID 1 set-up.  Everything has been going fine, until a month ago the computer wouldn't start saying that there was a disk failure.  I didn't need to use the computer at the time so I ignored it.

Today I decided to look at it again.  This time it still says that my RAID is in "critical" however it does start-up.  I assumed that one of my drives just died on me.  However, when I unplugged the power from the drives to check which once wasn't working, both drives continued working!  Which I don't understand whatsoever.  I went ahead and purchased a new drive a few weeks ago to replace the one I presumed was dead.

Can anyone think of any way to further find out what the problem drive is?

I've attached a picture of the error that momentary pops up on my screen at bootup.

Thank you,

Ted

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't know alot about raids but your photo only shows one disk in the array. This is with both attached or with either one or the other alone, you get the same screen ?

I would remove the drives and 1 at a time connect them to another computer to test using their manufacturers diagnostic utility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users