Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

all files changed to file type html after fbi virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 bogardis

bogardis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Attached File  dds.txt   25.81KB   1 downloads

after removing the fbi virus, I have noticed all my files are of file type html now....please help if ya can

thanks

beau

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Download decrypt_mblblock.exe to your desktop.
The complete usage instructions and video can be found here.
  • If you only have a single hard disk with one partition, then only thing you need to do is start the tool.
  • Windows XP users can simply double click and run the tool, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 users need to run the tool with administrator rights.
  • Now it will automatically scan your complete hard disk for encrypted files, when there are encrypted files present it will automatically decrypt those without deleting the encrypted originals.
  • After the decryption check that all of the decrypted files open properly.
  • Once you have verified that the files were decrypted properly you can delete the encrypted HTML files.
  • If you have more than one hard disk or partitions with encrypted files, things get slightly more complicated. To scan and decrypt files on those other hard disks or partitions do the following:
  • While holding down the Windows key now press the R key.5198943264916-Windows_key_R_system_infor The Run Box will now appear.
  • In the Run box Type in cmd.exe and press Enter.
  • The Windows Command Line prompt should show up.
  • You first need to switch into the directory where you downloaded the decryption tool to.
  • This can be done using the cd command: cd /d <path>
  • Just replace <path> with the path you downloaded the decryption tool to. If you downloaded it to C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads for example the exact command line to type in should look like this:
    cd /d C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads
  • If you did everything right you will see that the command prompt changed slightly and now references the download directory.
  • Run the decryption tool with a list of all your drives you want the tool to scan. If you have a C:, D: and E: drive for example, run the tool like this:
    decrypt_mblblock.exe C:\ D:\ E:\
  • Please be patient and refrain from using the computer for other tasks while the tool is running
5198944194f7c-decrypt_mblblock-cmd.png

Let me know how it worked

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 bogardis

bogardis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

holy bleep that worked perfectly!!  thanks alot

#4 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hello bogardis

I think we should check the computer and make sure nothing else is on here

These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.

-AdwCleaner-

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
-Junkware-Removal-Tool-

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#5 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Greetings

I have not heard from you in a couple of days so I am coming by to check on you to see if you are having problems or you just need some more time.

Also to remind you that it is very important that we finish the process completely so as to not get reinfected. I will let you know when we are complete and I will ask to remove our tools

Gringo

#6 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hello

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.
  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!
Gringo

#7 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users