Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer stuck in boot cycle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bija

Bija

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

My computerter crashed and and started to reboot, but would not fully power up.  The USB mouse would power up and the CPU fans, but then it stops and starts again after a few seconds.  The mobo power light does not seem to light up.  The day before, my Logitech Gaming keyboard had water spilled on it and stopped working after 20 minutes.  (Cat spilled it and I didn't know it got inside the keyboard).

I have checked the internal power connections.with the power supply, taken out the internal battery and reset it, removed the video card, removed memory sticks and reinserted one at a time in correct positio and it is still stuck in a boot cycle.

I have to check with a different power supply. just wondering if that would help or if anyone has any other suggestions.  Do I need a new mobo?

Have ASRock Pro 3 currently with intel 270k processor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hi,

I don't see where you have tried to do a repair to the operating system using the installation CD. I'm not sure that will help but it would determine if you can still boot. You might also try using a different keyboard, just in case something got shorted in the current one and is causing the system to fail.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

How far into the boot sequence are you ? if you disconnect the hard drive will the computer P.O.S.T. (Power On Self Test) and then tell you there is no bootable media

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well...if the keyboard had water spilled on it...it may be toast.

And...if the keyboard is toast, it may be preventing Windows from getting past the point of hardware detection.

Did you try a different keyboard?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users