Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Strange Problem With fiverr.com

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moundtown

moundtown

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm no newbie at web surfing but this situation has me stumped. By all indications that I have found the fiverr.com site is working properly... for everyone but me apparently. When I access the site only the side and top menus appear. I can navigate to every page on the site and that is all I get. The body of the pages are blank. I have tried four separate browsers and have cleared all cookies and browser caches but nothing helps. The attached image is all I get with every page on the fiverr.com site. Does anyone here have a clue to what might be causing this?

Thanks

fiverr.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Seriously, can someone offer any explanation for this? It makes absolutely no sense to me. On two other computers connected to my router the site displays perfectly. Why does my computer refuse to display this website in any browser?

#3 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

60 views and no replies. I guess this has all of you stumped also.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Are you connected by wired or LAN?

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Try clearing your cache files : Free Ccleaner Please Ignore the Registry feature of Ccleaner as it is not recommended or needed.
Remove Adware : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Click on Adwcleaner then  hit Delete. Copy/paste the result on your next reply.
Scan for Malware using free Malwarebytes

Install then run a quick scan only after updating to the latest definition. Post also the result.

Tekken

#5 carlo221

carlo221

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am having the same problem and it has been going on off and on for a while. I tried to access Fiverr.com on four computers using three different OS's (Windows XP, Vista and Mac OSX) and four different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) and I get the same result as shown in the origiinal post above.

Clearing the cache and restarting Firefox in safe mode did not fix things.

I have a satellite Internet service provider which is my main connection but I also have a slow dial up account for backup. The problem of the non-functional Fiverr.com does not occur with the dial up account. The dial up account serves up the Fiver.com pages without a hitch. It is only the satellite connection which has the problem apparently.

Could this problem be caused by the signal latency of the satellite ISP? I wonder if the original poster also has satellite ISP service...

Carlo

Edited by carlo221, 27 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#6 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am having the same problem and it has been going on off and on for a while. I tried to access Fiverr.com on four computers using three different OS's (Windows XP, Vista and Mac OSX) and four different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) and I get the same result as shown in the origiinal post above.

Clearing the cache and restarting Firefox in safe mode did not fix things.

I have a satellite Internet service provider which is my main connection but I also have a slow dial up account for backup. The problem of the non-functional Fiverr.com does not occur with the dial up account. The dial up account serves up the Fiver.com pages without a hitch. It is only the satellite connection which has the problem apparently.

Could this problem be caused by the signal latency of the satellite ISP? I wonder if the original poster also has satellite ISP service...

Carlo

My ISP is comcast cable. Other computers connected to the same router have no problem accessing Fiverr. But here is something interesting. The problem has been solved. I know how but I'm not sure why. Yesterday when I booted up my computer I got the system tray network connection icon with the X and the message "A network cable is unplugged". After replacing the Ethernet cable with a new one that I know is good, and updating the network adapter drivers, I still got the same message. I was advised that most likely my network card was bad.

Today I replaced the card with a new one which fixed the connection problem. It also fixed the Fiverr problem. I know that my computer now has a different MAC address so could that be what was preventing me from accessing Fiverr? If so, why would Fiverr block my old MAC address? I'll leave that question to those who know more about this stuff than I do.

Edited by moundtown, 28 May 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

The MAC address is for the identification of your computer via a network card installed in order to access a network environment such as home or work. It is also use to grant and deny access points such as routers or servers. - More information about MAC addresses. While on the internet or accessing websites, the identifier for communication is called an IP Address.

Edited by jhayz, 29 May 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Tekken

#8 moundtown

moundtown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

The MAC address is for the identification of your computer via a network card installed in order to access a network environment such as home or work. It is also use to grant and deny access points such as routers or servers. - More information about MAC addresses. While on the internet or accessing websites, the identifier for communication is called an IP Address.

I understand a little about these things. I often use an anonymous proxy to surf the web but even then I could not access the Fiverr site. I know that some software manufacturers use a computer's MAC address to assure that their software  is only installed on certain machines. I do not know if a website could filter access based on MAC address but it doesn't seem feasible to me. The fact remains that I could not access the Fiverr website properly for weeks but after changing the network card I can.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

The only reason I find that your having improper webpage loading is that as you just said :), its a faulty network card and is a valid reason. Only access points such as routers you are connected would be able to see your MAC address.

Tekken

#10 carlo221

carlo221

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well, I haven't changed anything but today I can successfully access Fiverr.com so maybe the problem is actually with Fiverr.com after all and maybe they fixed whatever it was causing the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users