I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.
Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us
- Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
- We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
- Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
- Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.
- Please read every post completely before doing anything.
- Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.
- Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
- A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.
NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.
NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
- Do NOT backup any unknown files ending in .exe, .com, .scr, .pif, and .bat since files of these types are more likely to be infected.
NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.
Please do the following next:
Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- Mark the option attach.txt.
- Click on Start.
- After the scan has finished, confirm the message with Ok.
- DDS will automatically open both logfiles.
- You can find them on your desktop as well.
- Please post the content of those logfiles with your next answer.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Please download GMER it from one of the below to your desktop:
- Main mirror
- Zipped version
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
- It is very important you do not use your computer while GMER is running
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER icon
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan
- If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO
- Please check in the Quick scan box
- Please uncheck the following:
- Show All <<< Important
- Click Scan
- If you see a rootkit warning window click OK
- When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log
- Click Copy then paste the results in your reply
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your Antivirus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled
- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning