Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moneypak Virus - Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebartane

ebartane

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I recently got the moneypak virus on my laptop.  OS is Windows 8.  I've been unable to do anything under my main user account.  I was able to switch users and use another account to download and run Malwarebytes.  Malwarebytes did not uncover any infections under a full scan.  What should I do next?   Thank you in advance for your assistance.   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

If you can provide an accurate name to the particular malware, usually in the top left corner of the window, that you have I can try to get you a link to a removal guide.  You can also search for the guide yourself here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/

Please make sure that you use the correct guide according to what you have as their are many different versions of some malware.  Please also post your Malwarebytes log.

If you can't find a removal guide let me know as I will suggest some tools to run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users