Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse freezing when computer is on sleep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrMajeika

MrMajeika

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

For some reason the mouse on my computer oflten freezes. It happens when for example i turn on in the morning and then don't use it again untill later in the day. I find that when i come back to it it has gone on to sleep and the mouse is frozen. This is happening most times. It is connected via a PS/2 connection and I have tried a different mouse and it is the same. I have run multiple virus/malware scans and they are all clean. I am using windows xp. Can this be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hi,

Have you looked at your BIOS settings to see if you have enabled 'wake up on mouse movement'? That may not be the exact title of the option but if your system isn't set to wake up when you move the mouse then the mouse will continue to sleep, along with the rest of the system.

Hope this helps

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

I have not checked that but seeing as occassionally it wakes up fine with the mouse I wouldn't have thought this would be the case?

#4 MrMajeika

MrMajeika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

looked in the bios settings but I can't seem to find a setting for that

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm not sure how the power saving option is setup on the pc, but have a look at the power saving settings, and see if there is anything related to the mouse, ps/2 ports, or anything to that nature. Make sure it's not set to turn off when it enters sleep mode.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users