Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Start Button is Gray

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 datastrain

datastrain

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

when i installed windows, i didn't activate right away.  when the 30 day period expired, my windows went in to some type of "safe mode" (but not safe mode) including reverting the start button the old gray style.  now i activated it (Computer Properties says i'm Activated) the start button is still gray.

anybody know why / how to fix?

a million monkeys using windows will eventually produce all possible error messages... eventually...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Sounds like somehow your theme has been changed.

Right click an empty area on your desktop and go to personalize. From there change the theme from windows classic to any other theme. Try changing it to Aero or Windows 7 basic, and see what happens.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 datastrain

datastrain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

now i feel silly.  that worked.

thanks!

a million monkeys using windows will eventually produce all possible error messages... eventually...

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Anytime, let me know if you need anything else.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users