Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Delete 7"x5" Black Spot?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

It seems like every site I go to the last couple of weeks has a large 7"x5" Black Spot on the right-hand side of the page. When I click on it I find that it is an advertisement for "Make Aol.com your home page."  Could someone please tell me how to delete this annoying advertisement for good once and for all?  Thank you.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

What browser are you using, and are you using aol as your internet provider?

Edited by chrisd87, 22 May 2013 - 08:09 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Mozilla Firefox is my Browser and my ISP is ATT.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

have you tried clearing all of your cache and internet history? Also have you tried using CCleaner to remove all of your history as well. See if this will help with the issue?

#5 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Could you please tell me how to clear my cashe and history.  I do know how to use CCleaner as I use it every 7 days.

Posted Image

#6 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

If you use CCleaner and it didn't fix the issue, then clearing the history through Firefox will more than likely not work neither. But to do it you will click Tools-Clear recent history- and then select Everything and click Clear Now.

Do you have any addons installed on firefox? If so, try disabling them one by one, and see if the problem persists.

Edited by chrisd87, 22 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#7 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

If you use CCleaner and it didn't fix the issue, then clearing the history through Firefox will more than likely not work neither. But to do it you will click Tools-Clear recent history- and then select Everything and click Clear Now.

Do you have any addons installed on firefox? If so, try disabling them one by one, and see if the problem persists.

Thank you for all your help.  I will check to see if I have any addons and if so will do as you suggest. Thanks again.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users