Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BEWARE!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RobinHoodSnr

RobinHoodSnr

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hi Admin...There is a program called Junkware Removal Tool... Delete this from your download section, as it deletes "Wondershare" as well as "Conduit"....BOTH these programs CAN be "Legit" (although SOME rogueware creates these directories as well).

CONDUIT "CAN BE" part of "QuickBooks" (an accounting program)...so is "Wondershare"...which is a VIDEO CONVERTER program. JRT deleted these folders under Program Files :-(

...just thought i'd mention it...

some info to bare in mind ---> http://community.intuit.com/posts/lacertedms-conduit-failures

Edited by RobinHoodSnr, 22 May 2013 - 02:57 AM.

...We all know something...but we will NEVER know everything :grinner:

Cryptlocker "Process" remover...will NOT delete Cryptolocker, only the processes...( a "safety precaution" I took for those who still want to "try" paying the ransom to get their files back. DON'T FORGET TO MONITOR YOUR TIME LEFT BEFORE PAYMENT! )

("KillCrypt" will automaticly open %appdatadir%...just guide this to Cryptolocker-Virus and double-click on it. Remember...if you "restart" your system, the processes will be back...use this only for emergencies if you want to create a quick document. While this processes is killed, your docs wont get infected, but WILL be encrypted (unusable) when you restart the PC/Laptop OR clicking on the Virus again!!!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hello,

Conduit is a toolbar engine installed alongside many free applications in order to generate ad revenue for the company. While not explicitly malware, it is often installed stealthily with little or no interaction from the end user. It is not an integral component of Quickbooks or any other application.

As far as your reference to Wondershare goes, I believe you may be referring to Wondershare Toolbar. . . which is in the same class as Conduit.

Junkware Removal Tool is an application designed to remove these kinds of applications as they are unwelcome to the vast majority of users. If you wish to keep them installed then you should not run Junkware Removal Tool.

Please post for me a copy of the log that was generated when you ran Junkware Removal Tool. This way I can see exactly what was removed and if there are any false positives that need addressing.

It is called JRT.txt and is located on your desktop.

Thank you,

~Blade
Forum Administrator

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users