Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard Burned.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sbdblyss

sbdblyss

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Hello.

I have an ASUS P8X77-V motherboard that went out. I am not sure what caused it and I am hoping that someone may have an idea. It was paired with an i7 3770K with no overclock. The PSU, Corsair HX750, is still functioning properly. Any ideas? Thank you!

photo.JPG

My mind isn't quite sure what it has bargained for, but my heart is in time with, with the consistency of Your's.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

From what I can see, likely that MOSFET shorted and cooked the 2 SMDs and the trace next to it.  Is your memory OK?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 sbdblyss

sbdblyss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

I just received word from ASUS that they will not be replacing my motherboard because the damage is "customer induced." I do not understand how the have arrived at this conclusion. I did not physically cause the damage above. It is obvious that a component failed. I am very frustrated as I have purchased ASUS components for my personal computers, as well as for my business, for the past 14 years. I have one office that is running 7 ASUS boards without a problem. I'm surprised that ASUS would blame something like the damage picture above on their customer. The motherboard functioned perfectly for 8 months. I am so disappointed.

My mind isn't quite sure what it has bargained for, but my heart is in time with, with the consistency of Your's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users