Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Ransomware virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 happycatters

happycatters

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hi,

I have a friend who acquired this FBI Ransomware virus, and can't seem to fully remove this little bugger.

I was able to finally use HitmanPro Kickstart to rid of it, but now a command prompt pops up on startup and does not load explorer.exe

The command prompt tries to load an executable, can't find it, and just sits at the cmd prompt. I can start explorer.exe manually and the computer works fine.

I've used:

HitmanPro in Safe Mode with Networking - Default Scan

Malwarebytes full scan in safe mode with networking

Let me know what logs are needed and I'll be glad to submit.

Thank you for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 happycatters

happycatters
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Please disregard, I found the solution your website!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-computer-crime-intellectual-property-section

For anyone else having the issue, see Step 15 on this page. Thanks a bunch for this fix

#3 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users