Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC hangs for minutes and odd task entry found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ataribravo

ataribravo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

First, thanks to all who take time out of their busy lives to help out folks like me!

My computer will hang several times an hour and I have considered a failing drive (as the drive light is always full on during the hang), a bad drive controller, a bad graphics card, a bad power supply and so on.  It still may well be one or more of those, but I did notice an entry in my task list that is always there when this happens, and when I stop it, the computer immediately unfreezes.  Plus, anything that I am working on continues as if nothing happend, so it doesn't seem to be connected to anything I am running.  Here is the task as listed in Task Manager:

rundll.exe C:\windows\system32\inetclp.cpl, ClearMyTracksByProcess Flags:25035 WinX:759 WinY:307 IEFrame:000602C2

It has the feel of something graphics related and yet virus related.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ataribravo

Home Build

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU

2GB DDR2 PC800 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GXT (latest drivers from Nvidia)

ASUS Maximus Formula (SE) (latest BIOS from ASUS)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ataribravo

ataribravo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Well, I may have found the answer.  It usually happens that way right after I decide to ask for help!  :bubbles:

I will confirm if this is indeed the fix after a day or two of confirmation.  I had "Delete browsing history on exit" check in the IE options, and read elseware that similar issues to mine were caused by that setting.  I turned it off and we'll see of that does the trick.

Ataribravo

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

That should work.

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history?

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 ataribravo

ataribravo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

After 10 hours on the computer everything is running great!  Microsoft owes me a toupee for all the hair I've pulled out trying to figure this one out...   :smash:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Awesome... LOL

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users