Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iran Nukes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/st...1751994,00.html

Mr Ahmadinejad, who has threatened to wipe Israel off the map, said the nuclear programme was for purely civilian purposes.

The US, Europe and Israel remain sceptical. The speech - carried live on state TV - was punctuated by chants of "Death to America", "Death to Israel", and "Death to counter-revolutionaries".

Now it's time to be scared.

What are your thoughts and opinions on Iran having Nuclear capabilities?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

Some diplomats and analysts in Tehran speculated that the fanfare surrounding the announcement may be a prelude to the regime saying it was ready to bow to UN demands that it suspend enrichment activities and re-enter negotiations. "Their goal is to claim a very big victory and achievement and say, 'Now that we have reached our goal and public opinion has been satisfied we will go for compromise with the UN security council and US,'" said Saeed Leylaz, a political analyst.

Or maybe it's not quite as bad as it sounds?

Perhaps Iran's real goal is not the use of such a weapon; perhaps Iran's government simply wants to show the world that it has such a weapon. Our tactics and policies must change when dealing with a nuclear power. I'd even go so far as to suggest that the assault and subsequent occupation of Iraq has in fact pushed Iran foreword in its attempt to produce nuclear weapons, because then the US would have to think twice about rolling across its boarders.

As for actually using a weapon, what good would it do? Think about it. The entire world would come down on them. No matter how violent and cruel, no matter how crazy a dictators seem to be, they don't get to power by being stupid.

On another note, I have indeed found his comments to be disturbing...in and of themselves.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:26 AM

Couple things to consider here:

1. Do they really have such power?
2. Are they really willing to use it, and, like pwned said, risk being targetted by all other countries?
3. Do they want bush coming after them to find the wmd's? :thumbsup:

I don't really see it as a major threat unless we start to really piss them off. North Korea has nukes (i think) and they have yet to use them, or make any serious, legitimate threats to use them. I see it as more of a "Wow, you guys got a playstation 3?! Well, uh...." ((2 months later)) "Hey guys! Guess what!!".. sorta thing

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

3. Do they want bush coming after them to find the wmd's? :thumbsup:

We wouldn't find them. :flowers: Iran would send them back to Iraq. :trumpet:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

Beware religious fanatics who have atom bombs.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

Regards,
John

Exactly. Even though Israel has nukes (provided by US) they are still threaten by Iran.

What I don't understand is that US is calling for Iran sanctions on the 'enrichment of uranium' however Russia and China don't want sanctions...... :thumbsup:

What exactly is Russia and China trying to tell us? Or do they actually trust Iran?

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

Russia will start a surprise attack on Israel in the end days. Read in the Bible Ezekiel 38. Israel will not be destroyed and will one day flee into Petra and be sealed in until after the tribulation.
Russia and Iran and several other countries will go against Israel in the end days.

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

Regards,
John

No need to add anything more.
Posted Image

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

Iran president: Israel a threat to Islamic nations

TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Iran's president said on Friday that the existence of the "Zionist regime", Iran's term for Israel, was a threat to the Islamic world, days after declaring Iran had become a nuclear power by enriching uranium.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/14/...=cnn_topstories

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

Let Iran get close to developing nuclear weapons..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1522978,00.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...xportaltop.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Geez... anyone smelling a WW3?

#12 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:34 PM

Is there anything CGM WON'T turn into a "religious prophecy"? Where the hell did russia come from?

I really don't think Iran would dare use any wmd's on israel. Could you imagine the backlash from other countries? It'd most likely result in WW3, since a majority of the middle-east countries would probably get involved.

Not that i'm underestimating them, i just don't see iran being 100% serious with their threats. It seems to be more of a "be careful what you say/do" or "this is to keep you in check" thing.

#13 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

Israel won't even let them get close.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#14 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:07 AM

Geez... anyone smelling a WW3?

Smell it is all we will do, because when/if it starts we will be all pretty much dead fairly quickley

#15 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

I really don't think Iran would dare use any wmd's on israel.

The problem with thinking that is the assumption that (correct) rational beings would not use atomic weapons, and that the Iranian government (incorrect) is composed of rational beings. Religious fanaticism, carrying with it claims to exclusivity, is completely the opposite of a rational, cosmopolitan, and compromising viewpoint. If fanatics will strap bombs to their own bodies and blow themselves up in restaurants or in front of mosques, they would have no compulsion about sending a nuclear warhead right into downtown Tel Aviv, or any other capital within their reach. Moreover, those Muslims who are presumably civilised, educated and not fanatics will, as usual, do nothing to prevent this from happening.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users