Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Stuck at "Please Wait..."

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ExquisiteLIGHT

ExquisiteLIGHT

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

My mom brought her computer to me today and asked for my help. I don't know how to fix it!

When I start the computer, it gives me the options to start in one of the 3 safe modes or start windows normally.If I select start widows normally, it gets the the point where it says " Please wait... " and it seems like it load on forever.

I've looked up the problem and everything I find is either irrelevant or difficult to understand. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi

Please specify the make and model number of the system or laptop. Also ask your mom if she can remember any particular reason for it to happen (improper shutdown , recent software install etc ). 

Do you have a Win 7 DVD or system repair disc ?

#3 ExquisiteLIGHT

ExquisiteLIGHT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

I believe it's a Toshiba Satellite. She said she just started it up and it wouldn't load. And no, we do not have either of those discs.

Thanks for the response.

Edited by ExquisiteLIGHT, 21 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hi

I need the full model number (like Toshiba satalite L355). If you don't know it, look at the bottom sticker.

Can you access safe mode ?. To access safe mode keep pressing F8 when powering on the system. You will be presented with an "Advanced boot options" menu. From there select "Safe mode" and press enter. Report if you can boot in to safe mode.  

windows-7-f8.jpg

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 21 May 2013 - 11:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users