Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hrolsons

hrolsons

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

My computer has started to act up.  First of all, I noticed thousands of missing .jpg files on the C: drive.  Then a BSOD appeard, so I I ran a full SeaTools check, and a full CHKDSK and everything checked out normal.  I thought for sure the drive was starting to fail.

I next checked temperatures and the only thing fishy there was an external hard drive that runs about 53C, but on the S.M.A.R.T. it reports maximum on 70C.

Looking through the Event Viewer, it's reporting BSOD for today, but I haven't seen it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

The missing files would lead me to suspect malware. Have you run full scans with BOTH your anti virus app and MalwareBytes? If not, please do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users