Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does my AOL toolbar look right to you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hi, I think my AOL software is playing up or got corrupted, I've spent cash on phone calls to them but am still not much the wiser, so if there's anybody at Bleeping who uses AOL it'd be a great help if you could tell me whether your AOL toolbar looks like mine (below), as I seem to be missing the 'Settings' icon in the top toolbar which I need to turn off the annoying 'Welcome','Goodbye' and 'You've got email' voices that make me jump out of my chair-

aol-toolbar_zps1bdfbe79.gif

PS- I'm Win XP Home

Edited by MickinPlymouthUK, 21 May 2013 - 11:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

I found this image: http://i1-win.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/AOL-Desktop-Search_1.png Other than width and lack of AOL UK branding it looks the same. From what I've been able to read it's version 9.7. As for your settings toggles I can't help you. I haven't seen or touched AOL in ages.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thanks, it seems the AOL 9.7 Toolbar decided to auto-install itself without asking me first, what cheek!

I prefer the dear old 9.6 toolbar so i'll get onto AOL and ask them how I can revert back to it..

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Wonder if it auto updated without your participation? Looks like version 9.7 is recent.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users