Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop C000021a (fatal system error)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 egarrim

egarrim

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi, I hope you can help, I am getting the Stop error above with the following info also. Stop C000021a (fatal system error) the verification of a known DLL has failed, system process failed unexpededley with astatus exception of oxc0000007b (0x000f9700 ox00000000) the system has been shut down.

I cannot boot at all, not even safe mode or last known good configuration. my system is Win 7 64bit. If I run startup repair it doesn't fix it, if I try to run SFC /SCANNOW it wont as it says it has a repair pending.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Regards Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hi

What is the last hardware change you made to the system ? . Did you recently installed any software or Windows update ?. There is a known Windows update which cause this issue -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011

Try restoring the system to a date prior to this is happened.  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Microsoft releases repair disk for botched KB 2823324 patch | Microsoft windows - InfoWorld

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 egarrim

egarrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

hi and thanks for the helpful links. However I still have the problem, just a quick ask really, does anyone think I can recover from this or could I save a lot of time and reinstall windows. I would rather have help to figure it out and fix it, but I thought I would just put it into the hat, so to speak.

Regards Dave

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi

Bluescreen of death are the most difficult thing to troubleshoot. It can be caused by either hardware or software. For software problems, reinstall is the easy solution but you will need to reinstall and rectivate all softwares also. You can try basic troubleshooting steps like "system restore" before reinstall.

Also i recommend verifying the condition of your hardware parts especially hard disk even if you decided to go through a reinstall. Every HDD manufacturer produce their own testing tools. For Samsung , Seagate and Maxtore use Seatool for DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Western Digital also provides a test tool but that is not in a ready made ISO format. We should use it either under DOS or FreeDOS. So i recommend using Seatool to test WD HDD also. In seatool there is both short and long tests available. You should run a long test.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 21 May 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#6 egarrim

egarrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi, thanks for the info. I will get to work testing the hard drive now.

Regards Dave

#7 egarrim

egarrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi, thanks for your help. I have tested the hard drive and got a code / status error on my Western Digital hard drive of 0225, according to WD web site the drive is beyond repair and should be replaced.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Kind Regards Dave

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hi

Error code 225 means lot of bad sectors in the surface. Yes, replacing drive is the solution. In this days HDD failures are very common, so make sure to backup your data regularly.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users