Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaker volume auto-adjustment?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi, I'm fed up forever adjusting my PC speaker volume up or down to suit whatever sound is coming out (vids, games, music etc).

I saw a youtube vid a while back where the guy said it's possible with a small app or prog or something to pre-set the volume level you want, so that all sounds automatically come out at a comfortable volume.

For example if you set '5' on a scale of 1 to 10,the prog will auto-adjust everything to come out of the speakers at level 5. 

I can't find the vid again but if anybody knows what app he was talking about I'd definitely like to get it.

I'm Win XP Home

Edited by MickinPlymouthUK, 20 May 2013 - 06:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I've always wanted the same thing.. Can't find anything for it anywhere, it has been driving me crazy how long I have been looking.. Although I would only use it for movies, I don't ever have a volume problem with music and games.

Hulk_Tag.png

#3 RajathAtDell

RajathAtDell

Authorized Dell Representative

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hi MickinPlymouthUK and Slim Nelson,  

You can use the built-in feature in Windows Audio Mixer to normalize volume levels(Windows Vista and above). Please follow the steps provided below to enable it:

1. Right click on the Speaker icon in the system tray and click on "Playback devices".
2. Double click on "Speakers" to open the "Speaker Properties" Window.
3. Click on the "Enhancements" tab and check the option "Loudness Equalization".
4. Click "Apply" and then on "OK".  

For Windows XP, you cause use a third party utility named AutoMixer 1.1. You can download it from the following link:
http://www.fgroupsoft.com/Automixer/

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Edited by RajathAtDell, 21 May 2013 - 03:31 PM.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
#iworkfordell

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, i'll psyche myself up to having a crack at installing it.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users