Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microSD card is suddenly damaged, can't retrieve files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Amedeus

Amedeus

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

The SanDisk 8gb microSDHC card in my Droid Eris has stopped working.

I plugged the phone into my laptop to transfer some pictures over, and the laptop couldn't read the card and offered to format it (I didn't). So I unplugged the phone and then the phone could no longer read the card. I can plug the card into the SD card slot in my laptop using an adapter card, but the computer cannot read it, and it takes it a minute or two to even see that it's there.

I've tried a few different programs. Zero Assumption doesn't see the card. Disk Digger seems to barely work. Recuva can scan the card as long as I don't specifically point it to the drive, but rather tell it to scan all removable media, and it can only recover a very small percentage of files from it.

Please, if anybody has any idea of any possible way to salvage this, I'd be so grateful. I've got every picture and video I've ever taken after 2011 on there. Family events, friends, art shots, everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amedeus

Amedeus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Nevermind, looks like it's been sorted out. Since I know it'll bug somebody who comes through here someday, PhotoRec was my savior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users