SP is my OS
About a week ago my computer slowed down in every way.
1. During bootup the computer started taking really long for the desktop icons to go from the generic microsoft icon to the proper icon image. So boot up time tripled.
2. Mouse clicks got super slow, normal to 8 plus seconds, depending on its mood.
3. Somehow Adobe Flash will not work. Tried to install an upgrade and the computer says I have a more advanced version already installed, but You Tube says I need an Adobe Flash Player upgrade installed.
4. While trying to burn a DVD twice my computer locked up with a White screen once and a green screen the second time.
5. for months now MBAM is always opening and trying to run a scan (5-10 time a day).
6. for months the AVG is always telling me to reboot my computer.
My computer is slow in almost every way no matter what you do on it. Today i booted up and it is moving fast enough for me t get off this message to you
BTW One other thing I had a desk top that did the same thing a year ago. In my current desktop it needed a power supply. So I took the one out of my old desktop and installed it in this computer. After 8 months this computer is starting to act similar to the broken desktop. Could a faulty Power Supply cause issues with the computer. Just had to ask.