Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had to downgrade to IE9. Now PDFs won't open in Adobe Acrobat Professional X?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yahooforyourhelp

Yahooforyourhelp

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I tried the Adobe Reader download too, which shouldn't be necessary as Adobe Professional X installed.

Anyways, due to work programs, IE 9 must be used and NOT IE 10; therefore, Adobe will only open previously download PDFs. It won't open new ones online, it just shows an EMPTY paper clip icon instead of PDF icon for Adobe.

Anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

If you go to tools and manage addons. Is Adobe PDF reader installed in the list, and if so is it enabled?

Also try resetting IE9 back to default by going to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset and click Reset.

Edited by chrisd87, 20 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 Yahooforyourhelp

Yahooforyourhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hmmm, I think I've tried this... no luck. Anyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users